Copywriting and Content Strategy:
NIKE, Inc. (Beaverton, Oregon) / 2007–2009, 2010–2015
· Wrote and edited a broad range of marketing copy for Nike.com globally.
· Developed digital content concepts and collaborated with internal and external teams to execute.
· Developed a global copy style guide and design strategy guide in collaboration with creative director.
· Partnered with legal and brand teams to devise standardized product/innovation language.
· Led a successful SEO/copy enhancement project for all of Nike.com.
· Crafted copy for in-store signage and hangtags.
Thread Creative (Portland, Oregon) / 2010
· Wrote Adidas footwear and apparel product descriptions for shopadidas.com.
· Acted as a strategic consultant for a product development project.
Roundhouse Media (Portland, Oregon) / 2007–2008
· Wrote copy (Web, signage, collateral) for design-firm clients, including Adidas and Skullcandy.
Ziba Design (Portland, Oregon) / 2006–2007
· Wrote and edited copy for internal marketing/PR efforts and client branding projects (manifestos, style guides, Web content and collateral).
Curiosity Group (Portland, Oregon) / 2003–2004
· Crafted digital content (articles, product copy, email newsletters) for HP and other agency clients.
· Composed and recorded original music for client presentations and digital marketing content.
Organic Spa Magazine / 2011–present
· Write articles on nutrition, health, travel and spas as a freelance writer and former contributing editor.
TravelAge West Magazine / 2007–2011
· Contributed stories on domestic and international travel destinations for an audience of travel agents.
Spa Magazine / 2003–2009
· Wrote articles on health, fitness, travel and spas worldwide.
Willamette Week / 1998–2004
· Covered Portland arts, culture, music and fashion for this alt-weekly paper in Portland, Oregon.
- University of Minnesota–Twin Cities, USA / B.S. in Nutrition, 1995
- Additional studies: Marketing and Journalism